21.8.13

Paper+Space





Artist: Paul Hayes

Statement: My site-specific installations usually consist of vast swarms of crumpled or folded pieces of paper suspended on strands of wire. I enjoy working in large spaces, and transforming an otherwise unremarkable environment into one that triggers the imagination. I want to immerse the viewer. I enjoy bringing the processed, man-made product of paper back to teh kind of arrangement that occurs naturally in biology. In my more recent work. I have focused on creating a feeling of sweeping movement, and to suggest currents, motion, and time. There is a certain freedom that comes with using a space temporarily and transforming it for just a moment in its history that appeals to me.

1 comment :

  1. these are great! love that the individual elements are something so simple.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Be sure to subscribe if you found this post interesting.